To thrive in the future, the fastener industry needs to develop and support the next generation of leaders. Therefore, the National Fastener Distributors Association (NFDA) and Young Fastener Professionals (YFP) are partnering to foster the industry’s future leaders.
We are pleased to bring to the event Shelly Alcorn, a futurist and thought-leader, who will facilitate a collaborative and highly interactive experience for Leadership Academy participants.
Discussion topics may include:
- What are the most pressing issues that young professionals face in their careers?
- What will the workplace of the future look like and what skills will I need to thrive?
- How do I obtain these skills?
- What career development programs, products, and resources can associations like NFDA and YFP provide that would be most valuable to young professionals?
- What are the communication challenges in the workplace and what positive strategies can be used?
- What emotional intelligence is required to persuade others effectively and to participate in decision-making?
The biggest opportunities for younger professionals are to establish relationships early in their career, to continue learning (post-formal education), and to be involved in advancing their industry. The NFDA and YFP Leadership Academy will engage professionals from all generations, to ensure a pipeline of future leaders.
Registration to this program is very limited. You are encouraged to sign up early. First priority will be given to members of NFDA and YFP.